Couples Golf Sightseeing in Ireland Southwest
Indeed, for a Couples Golf Sightseeing in Ireland tour, what to do? The following is a sample couples and sightseeing golf tour to the South and the West of Ireland. The suggested travel dates are from the 4th to the 20th of July and 16 days sightseeing, playing golf in Ireland.
Notably, the tour starts in Galway, then travel south along the wild Atlantic way to Lisdoonvarna, and then onto Killarney. Moving on to Kinsale and then finishing off in Dublin.
The golf courses can be added in along the way and, I have picked out guest hotels and guesthouses that are nice and enjoyable. Indeed, a rental car offers more flexibility and time to see things. However, a chauffeured driving car will ensure easy travelling from start to finish daily.
Also, please click on the below tabs to view the suggested, golf courses, accommodation, transport and sample pricing.
Ireland Golf Courses to play:
- Lahinch Golf Club
- Cork Golf Club
- Waterville Golf Links
- Old Head Golf Links
- Ballybunion Golf Club
Hotels and Guest Houses:
- Tue to Fri 4th– 7th Harbour Hotel, Galway City Centre
- Fri to Sun 7th– 9th Wild Honey Inn, Co. Clare
- Sun to Tue 9th – 11th Heatons Guest House, Co. Kerry
- Tue to Thur 11th – 13th Plaza Hotel, Killarney
- Thur to Sun 13th – 16th The Imperial Hotel, Cork
- Sun to Tue 16th – 18th Druids Glen Golf Resort
- Tue to Thur 18th – 20th The Gibson Hotel or Similar
- Option one, Hertz Rental car Standard rental
- Option two,
Car rental, 2 golfers and hotels option 1: €7,950.00
Chauffeured car, 2 golfers and hotels option 2: €14,170.00
What pricing includes: all taxes and charges paid, greens fees paid, hotel & breakfast, rental car with basic insurances, (based on a couple and 2 golfers). Concierge Golf will administer all itinerary bookings & payments on behalf of the group. Concierge Golf will provide daily customer services for the duration of the couples golf sightseeing in Ireland tour.
What pricing does not typically include: are caddy fees, any extra rounds outside of what is printed within this itinerary, lunches or evening meals, tips and any other bills created should be settled by the group. Any extra car insurances, car wifi unit or any extras. Please note that pricing varies from day to day.
Couples Golf Sightseeing in Ireland Things to Do
The following list of dates and bullet points is a 16-day outline plan with a list of activities.
Start in Galway
- Pick up a rental car and please hire a GPS/Wifi unit for the vehicle and never become lost.
- Yes, drive to Athlone, then detour to the Clonmacnoise monastery for a look and finally arrive in Galway.
5th & 6th July:
- Connemara National Park and take the Sky road drive.
- Visit Clifden, Ashford Castle and the Cong town. Then the Irish Workhouse Centre and Kylemore Abbey.
- Cliffs of Moher & the Burren Perfumery, or Aran Island tours
- Drive to Lahinch – take the route through the Burren – Dunguaire Castle & Kinvarra.
- Hotel in Lisdoonvarna, stay at the Wild Honey Inn.
- Enjoy, playing Golf at Lahinch Golf Club and tour the south-west towns of Co. Clare, at Kilbaha, Kilkee and Kilrush.
- Drive to Dingle via the Kilmer Car Ferry and, if possible, drive along the Wild Atlantic Way route. Then after the long driving, relax and enjoy Dingle town.
- Enjoy a game at Ballybunion Golf Club. After golf, drive the rest of the Dingle Peninsula and allow 2hr – 4hr of travel time depending on the number of stops along the way.
The Ring of Kerry
Things to do around the Ring of Kerry.
- Drive the Ring of Kerry (Sleahead Drive), Stop in Caherciveen and see the Old Barracks and learn about Daniel O’Connell (a famous paddy). Enjoy a lovely lunch at the Point restaurant and take the ferry crosses to Valentia Island. Also, take a detour to Cill Rialagh in Ballinskelligs and visit the art centre there.
- Visit Derrynane House and enjoy tea in Parknasilla. Also, spend time walking around the village of Kenmare. Indeed, the Sheepdog trials at Kissane Sheep Farm is worth a visit.
- Also, Travel over Molls Gap to Killarney with a stop at Torc Waterfalls and Muckross House. Finally, check into the Plaza Hotel in Killarney
- Indeed, take a tour to the Skellig Islands? Yes, this tour can take up to four to six hours. Also, consider playing golf at Waterville Golf Links that afternoon.
- Tour the Killarney National Park, and afterwards drive to Cork. Enjoy a walk around the city centre and enjoy dining at
- Play golf at Golf Cork early morning and tour Blarney Castle, the Woollen Mills to kiss the Blarney Stone!
- Or, visit the Jameson Experience in Midelton (15/20 minutes from Cork Golf Club). Perhaps, visit Cork Gaol (as old jail) not far from the city centre.
- Play Golf at Old Head Golf Links. Enjoy the best views from any golf course in the world at Old Head.
- Visit the Port town of Cobh, take the Titanic tour and visit the Heritage Centre at Cobh.
- Notably, our top choice is to take a tour of Spike Island. This tour takes about 2 hours to complete, and it is the best historical tour available in Cork.
- Drive to Cashel Town and visit the rock of Cashel! Also, drive on to visit Kilkenny Castle and view the artisan’s shops around Kilkenny Town.
- Finally, drive over the Dublin Mountains to Hotel Druids Glen Golf Resort and perhaps play great golf at one of the two courses at Druids Glen Resort.
- Tour the following town: Glendalough, the Wicklow Mountains, Russbrough House, Powerscourt estate & Waterfall. There are several scenic walking trails in Wicklow and finished off the day dining at Monks in Greystones.
18th and 19th July: a list of things to do in Dublin!
- Tour Dublin – enjoy a pat Liddy walking tour. The best of Dublin is one of the popular walking tours. Also, take advantage of the hop on hop off bus tours. Drop off the rental car on the 18th at Dublin Airport or Dublin City Centre.
- The Temple Bar is a fun location for Irish music, pubs and pub food.
- Also, spend time at the library at Trinity College, the Book of Kells, and Stephens Green & Modern art museum.
- Another pub! But it’s Kehoe’s pub – amongst others!
- Finally, Kilmainham Gaol, visit Dublin Castle, enjoy the Jameson Factory, and a Guinness Storehouse Tour.
- Take a cab to the airport and fly home